Mon, Jul 10|
Cork & Knife Provisions
C&K Culinary Camp for Young Chefs
Calling all young chefs! Button up your chef's jackets and get ready for five fun-filled days of cooking, learning and laughter in our kitchens.
Time & Location
Jul 10, 8:00 AM – Jul 14, 3:00 PM
Cork & Knife Provisions, 224 S Erie St, Toledo, OH 43604, USA
About the event
Cooking Class Description:
Each camp day begins at 8am and ends at 3pm. You are welcome to extend your campers day for pickup at 4pm for an extra $50 for the week.
Designed for ages 7 to 12, Cork & Knife’s Culinary Camp is a 5-day long camp that is about more than just recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes young chefs will work together in a fun, hands-on environment to learn cooking basics and beyond–from chopping vegetables, to mixing batter and sautéing. Our professional chef instructors help your child become a more creative and confident cook! Every student will receive their very own chef’s jacket and will leave camp with an official graduation certificate.
What To Expect:
- Camp will cover essential cooking techniques, basic food prep skills and best practices for kitchen safety.
- Snacks and beverages will be provided, but due to campers various dietary preferences, we do require they bring a lunch every day to camp.
- Kids will work with other chefs in groups of 4 to 5.
- Kids will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class.
- All ingredients, tools, recipes and instructions are included.
- Each day will be spent cooking and baking with food related craft activities intermixed, with emphasis on fun, nutritious, and delicious foods that kids can make at home during the school year! Think granola with homemade yogurt, muffins, hummus and dips, and more!
- Dishes and food creations will be sampled throughout class, and some leftovers may go home with students to share with their family.
- Something for all skill levels from beginner to the experienced chef!
- A recipe book will be included with all the camp scratch recipes. We work on skills, culinary technique, and underlying concepts and apply those to the recipes of the day.
Parents invited!! On the last day of camp, we will host a TV’s Chopped inspired competition. This competition is of course all in good fun! Campers will be placed in teams and provided various ingredients they worked with throughout the week. The task? To make an appetizer, main course or dessert to be put before a fun panel of local celebrity judges. Judges may include local chefs, foodies, food bloggers, and more. Prizes for all will be given. This is just our super fun way to cap off a great week… and a way for families to see their students in action, in their chef coats, creating epic culinary masterpieces! Who will chop their way to victory this summer?
More info will be sent out closer to the camp date with detailed information.
While we can make adjustments for some food allergies and intolerances, please contact us BEFORE registering if you are concerned about your child’s allergies.
**This camp is for children ages 7 to 12. Children must be at least 7 years old and no older than 12 years old to participate, no refunds will be given for under or over age children who register for culinary classes.
+$12.50 service fee
+$12.50 service fee